April 29, 2013 Leave a comment
April 24, 2013 Leave a comment
Dear Parents and Students,This is a busy week for the Holland High Bands. I just wanted to remind you about a few details for this week!Senior Finale Band Concert Thursday 7:00 P.M
- Features our 8th Grade Band, Percussion Ensemble, Concert Band, & Wind Ensemble
- Call time 6:30 P.M for 8th Grade Band 6:45 P.M for Concert and Wind Ensemble
- Reception following concert. Please bring a desert to share! You can drop it off in the choir room on the reception tables before the concert.
- This is our farewell concert for our seniors—let’s send them off in style.Marching Band Rehearsal Sunday 2:30-5:00 P.M
- This is a mandatory rehearsal for all 9-12th grade students (it has been on the calendar since the beginning of the year.)
- Students should bring their wooden shoes and multiple pairs of socks. (all students need to have their wooden shoes minus color guard!)
- It is one of the only times we will be able to combine the bands prior to tulip time.It will be an exciting and rewarding week for the bands. Look for the tulip time itinerary in the near future!
April 11, 2013 Leave a comment
Our Senior Finale Band concert is Thursday April 25th at 7:00 p.m. The call time for 8th graders is 6:30 p.m. and 6:45 for 9-12th graders. All band students should be in their concert dress. This concert features our 8th grade band, concert band, percussion ensemble and wind ensemble. This concert serves as our final concert of the year and our chance to say goodbye to our seniors.
Following the performance there will be a reception in the choir room. We are asking that parents bring cookies or other finger foods to be shared at the reception. These snacks can be dropped off in the choir room before the concert.
Tulip time is also rapidly approaching. Be on the look out both online and for a letter sent home concerning the complete itinerary for tulip time week. The parade dates are May 8, 9, & 11th. There is also a mandatory rehearsal for all 9-12th grade band members on Sunday April 28th from 2:30-5:00 p.m. This date has been on the calendar since September and will serve as one of the few days that we will be able to put the entire band together prior to tulip time.
Director of Bands
March 26, 2013 Leave a comment
As spring break is rapidly approaching so is Tulip Time. As you know the tradition here involves both nifty wooden shoes and a stylish Dutch cap. These items need to be acquired before April 12th (the Friday after spring Break). The shoes can be purchased at a discounted rate of $25.00 when purchased at Nelis’ Dutch Village. Bring multiple pairs of socks for the fitting and remember to mention that you are in the Holland High Band to get your discount. The Dutch caps should be bought at Fields Fabrics and can also be purchased for 20% off. Students who wish to get this discount at Fields should ask Mr. Bogue for a coupon. The hat will need to be either reinforced with a stiff interfacing or a piece of cardboard. Also note the upcoming Finale Senior Band Concert on Thursday April 25th. If you have any questions please e-mail me at: email@example.com
Nelis’ Dutch Village Fields Fabrics
12350 James Street 281 East 8th Street
Holland, MI 49424 Holland, MI 49423
March 20, 2013 Leave a comment
I am writing this post to inform you of the dates for band camp 2013. The dates for this year Band Camp are August 19th- 23rd. Percussion and Color guard will meet prior to the full band camp August 14th – 16th. Band camp will not be at the PAC rather it will take place in the HHS cafeteria and various rooms in the new building due to construction.
I have spoken with Mr. Farkas (athletic director) and we are on the same page with our camp dates. However, in the future we will both be pushing for that first week of August for band camp 2014!
February 24, 2013 Leave a comment
February 11, 2013 Leave a comment
I hope you are all doing well and are enjoying the winter weather. I just wanted to make you aware of some upcoming dates and information.
- February 21st– Festival Concert-7:00 P.M./8:00 P.M. in the P.A.C
- February 26th – MSBOA Festival—Harbor Lights Middle School West Ottawa
The February 21st concert will be split in half. Starting at 7:00 p.m. will be the 8th grade band, 8th grade orchestra, concert orchestra, and concert band. Starting at 8:00 p.m. will be the chamber orchestra, wind ensemble, and symphony orchestra.
The date for festival this year is February 26th and will be at Harbor Lights Middle School right here in Holland. We are in desperate need for chaperons for this event. Here are the times we would needed chaperones for each of the bands on the 26th.
- 8th Grade= 8 a.m. to 11:36 A.M.
- Concert band= 12:15 P.M to 6:00 P.M
- Wind Ensemble= 1:30 P.M to 6:00 P.M
Please fill out the attached forms and return them with your student by Friday February 15th! (these forms have also been emailed and sent home with your student) Chaperoning festival is a great way to support all the hard work your kids have put in to prepare for festival. You can sign up on charms to chaperone by clicking here.
All the students have been working hard on their festival music and this is sure to be an exciting couple of weeks for the Holland bands.